Well, I've been stashing cash away in a boot for over two years in order to purchase a new Hi-def TV. No rent or food money mind you, but just some extra change, bonuses or whatever I had lying around. I figured it'd give me time to do some good research. Now I'm ready to take the plunge! It's gonna be the Sony KDS-55A2000. At Amazon it's got a price tag of $2250 with FREE shipping. This is the best price I've found anywhere, and I've been happy with all my Amazon purchases to date.

The one and only thing I think I will slightly miss is the PIP. During Football season I love to watch two games at once. Oh well, I'll just have to keep my laptop handy and hook it up to my Slingbox.

I deposited the cash yesterday at the bank, and you should have seen the teller look at all the change I had!! LOL!! It was about $230 worth of coins! We have a family owned construction company and they are my business and personal bank, so that's the only reason they counted it! The cash should clear late today or early tomorrow, so I'll place the order for the TV tomorrow.

Oh, does anyone know of a good stand other than the Sony stand that will fit this TV?

I'll let yall know how the TV looks. And I can't wait for Microsoft to release the HD-DVD player for the Xbox 360! And they just released an update that allows for 1080p playback on the 360! I'm glad I waited for this set!! Can you tell I'm excited?

Grass grows green when manuer is placed upon it.