Can you turn off the auto-EQ and run it for a while ? I'm a bit fuzzy on exactly what the 635 will do (I have a 630) but I think it does room EQ as well as level setting. If so, sometimes the EQ pumps up certain bass frequencies to give you a flatter response but makes your sub work much harder (ie hit its limits sooner) as a result.

I should probably interject here -- I have a big-ass SVS sub, purchased before the 500/600 came out, and can easily make it rattle and groan if I'm not very careful with the volume control, so if you have a large room and are playing at any kind of high SPL you probably are just overdriving the sub. Everything we're suggesting is just to make sure that you are getting all the enjoyment out of the sub that you can.

Going with a bigger sub brings lots of enjoyment as well, and the difference between 350 and 500 is pretty significant. One of the nice differences about the 500 is that the DSP acts as a very smart limiter, so even if you overdrive it a bit the DSP will gracefully back down the volume for a moment rather than overdrive the woofer.

Last edited by bridgman; 11/01/06 05:44 AM.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8