OK, here's my confession, umm, I mean list for the wife(from prior years and this year):
- Sewing machine (her request)
- Vacuum cleaner (Dyson -- that thing really sucks! ) (again, her request)
- Dance lessons for the two of us (this year, will be a huge hit since it's really the gift of time commitment from me, and something we can do together without the kids)
- Tickets to see The Lion King (coming here in March), or any other concert, show, etc. that's of interest to her
- Scrapbooking doodads (this is one where she just appreciated me taking the time to buy a large assortment of small things for her since it is strictly her hobby)
- Assorted cooking/baking & cake decorating classes, then followed up with various decorating tools.
- The most amazing Barefoot Dreams bathrobe (to go along with the luxury bath stuff!)

OK, that's it for the wife for now. When my boys (now 12 and 14!) were younger, they really enjoyed Duplos/Legos, and were able to build those collections up over time. Also, don't underestimate the value of games you can all play together. Sometimes those inexpensive old classics (Kerplunk! Hungry Hungry Hippos, Battling Tops, etc.) yield the biggest laughs and best bonding experiences.

Rich