Spiff,
You don't sell Rotel for a living do you?
A Rotel spokeman perhaps?
Paid ad campaigns?

You must REALLY love that Rotel.
Have you tried any other brand separates? (just curiuos)
This new Parasound Halo lineup has me drooling.

Sooprman6,
Although budget here may not be a limitation, the world will not become a greener place if the decision to go the 'easier' route is taken and an integrated a/v receiver is purchased.
Certainly the Denon 5803 is an exceptional choice for your home theatre and for a newbie, it is a good place to start. If you so decide to venture into separates later on, selilng the 5803 on the used market would not be hard to do. Ignore the Integra line. They are overpriced Onkyos with not much more to offer.
In reply to:

The left and back walls are brick, with three windows along the left wall and two along the back wall. Each window is 3 feet from the floor, four feet high, and each is 42" wide. I'm leaning toowards putting down carpet in this room, but right now the floors are hardwood. The front wall is typical sheetrock, and the remaining "wall" to the right is currently open. Seating is yet to be determined, but figure a couch, loveseat, coffee table, and maybe a chair or two.

This sounds like your room is going to have ALOT of hard, reflective surfaces. The Axioms are a bright speaker (but detailed) to begin with, but in placing them into a room with so many reflections you may find some ringing or harshness occurring in the sound. Virtually any speaker in a highly reflective area will not sound nearly as smooth as it should. I think you certainly should consider some type of carpeting (even just an area rug if you do not want to cover up all the hardwood floor) and possibly some wall fixtures like drapes, tapestries or maybe some art deco acoustical baffles of sorts. Try to cut down on some of the echoes.

It certainly sounds like you are going to have quote the HT system in a very short time. Send in some pictures as it comes about if you can.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."