Okay, here's the quandry. I live in an apartment. It's an old building and has no insulation what so ever. I guess I've never heard my neighbors TV, but the windows are single pane and I can hear most stuff outside. The living room is 11x12 and the TV, fronts, center and (idealy) the sub will be on the outside wall.

I'm struggling with different speaker configuration deciding which would be best for me given my small room. I'd prefer to have the M60's with an eye to the future, but I don't want them to be so powerful that I'll always have to use them whisper quiet to keep my neighbors happy.

Right now I have a Onkyo HTIB system and it's okay. Nothing impressive. So unimpressive that I don't even have the surrounds hooked up right now.

Does anyone have any input? Should I just get M60's and use the Onkyo sub? No sub at all? The M22's and a sub (probably the HSU VTF-3)?

I'm open to any and all suggestions. I'm most concerned about having to utilize great speakers at such a low volume I won't ever be impressed by them.

Nick

My M60's make me listen
My M80's make my ears hear
Either way - I'm not deaf anymore