Quote:

Quote:

OK, let's go for budget. That's a pretty small room; I probably wouldn't put an EP500 in there.

Why the heck not?

A sub is never "too big" for a room. A bigger sub just means deeper, cleaner bass. While bigger rooms require bigger and better subs, most people buy big subs for big rooms only because they are necessary to create sufficient bass.

If you have a small room, anything goes, it's just that there is going to be a lot more subs that are going to be "sufficient" for a room of that size.

Very true! I have a SVS PB12-Plus/2 (two 12" drivers, weighs 140lbs for those that aren't farmiliar) and it's in a 20' x 14' room and my theater is only taking up half that room, and it works just fine

I haven't heard the new Axiom subs (EP500/600) but when I bought my Axioms back in 2004 I was told SVS/Hsu would be me better bang for the buck over the lower end axioms, and that was directly from Axiom. They've improved since then I'm sure, you'll be happy with whatever you get I'm quite sure.

Is there any way you could take pictures of your room? tell us why you can only put it behind the couch?

- D

"Big John is my Idol...or is it that other way around? Let's ask Ray!"