I was under the impression that the new devices had to have upgradable firmware. I envisioned when the encryption was cracked that subsequent DVD releases would hvae the updated encryption scheme included on the disc.
IE: "thanks for your purchase of "Rocky X", please wait while your DVD player is updated to the latest version of encryption. Well they may just call it 'bug fixes' or 'enhancements'. I guess it hinges on who's perspective you are standing in.

More than likely they arent this organized and you will bring an new movie home and it wont play. Then you will have to go to the Manuf website, download the firmware, burn it to disk, and update your DVD Player before you can watch the new movie.

All this is just wild ass conjecture on my part, but overall I expect a system rivaling what has been going on in the Satellite tv market for years. I doubt they will get burned again as bad as this round.

I'd like to see an updated "fair use law" and variable punishment for violating it, dependant on whether it was for profit or not.

Randy

Axiom M80, Ep600, Qs8, VP150, Crown XLI 2500 , DBX Driverack PA2, Focusrite Scarlet 2i4