You will find those on alot of multi-room and home integration equipment. We call them dongles. Persobally, I hate them.... These have a screw on one side which compresses a metal plate onto the wire. I would rather have spring clips than those. Unless they are a decent size you cant really put any large gauge wire in there and they will not accept anything besides bare wire and perhaps pin connectors. Im not sure if those ones in particular are detachable or not but usually they are and can sometimes pull out a little too easy.

I havent had personal experience with those amps, but all the Xantech stuff I install for work has those and i have never liked them. I mean, theres worse. But any traditional 5 way binding post or spring clip would be better IMO.

As long as they are of decent enough size they shouldnt be too bad, But that alone would be a major deciding factor if i would buy that amp or not. Judging by the size in relation to the RCA inputs i would say that it definetly will NOT accept 12awg without cutting it down to perhaps 16. They also do not provide adequete spacing between the positive and negative terminals to reliably prevent shorting out, also.. IMO.

Last edited by Haoleb; 12/31/06 04:36 AM.