Quote:

"Looking good! I like the way your color scheme looks, but how well does it do for watching movies and keeping ambient light reflections down?"

The dark ceiling really helps to keep the light from the projector where it belongs. Ambient light is not bad either, this is in a basement, so I have good light control. The dark frame around the screen provides contrast from the light colored wall around.

"Also, have you ever (understanding that you've only had your speakers for about a week or so) wished that you could get the QS8 surrounds a bit wider than your room allows?"

The qs8's are actually slightly wider than the long row of seats. When calibrating, the L/R levels were actually very close in the prime seating position.

Sweet. It was hard to tell from the photo angle if the QS8's were wide enough. When will photos be truly 3D? Then we could see it in more detail.

What are the other specs of your system? Projector, screen, video input devices, etc... Come on, many of us are geeks here, and we need these details!

I went with a flat black front wall so my screen image looks like it is just floating there. This past spring, when it was in its "old" location (it was there for about 8 months before I moved it), I had a dark blue wall behind the screen, but had light colored floor and ceiling (it wasn't a dedicated room), so I went black in the dedicated room, but so is the ceiling, and the floors are a dark navy "funky" carpet, so it was almost on extreme to the other.

Either way, looks awesome, and I am sure that you are enjoying it.

Those sconces look similar to ones that I looked at a while back, but ended up going with colored glass. I really liked the size and style of what I think you picked out (hard to tell exactly from the pictures)...

Farewell - June 4, 2020