Curcuit City (of the USA) bought Radio Shack Canada and renamed the stores The Source. My local "Radio Shack turned The Source" store looks pretty much the same as the old store with pretty near the same product lines (albiet some new manufacturers). A quick check to see if they have a website and I found this SPL meter. It is different from the traditional one Radio Shack carried in Canada (and still carries in the USA) and is digital (some people here prefer the analog version). Don't know if the new one is better or not, but a phone call to your local store will determine if they also carry other meters.

I can't comment on the frequency range the meter covers as I don't know the specs, but my recollection is the meter I have registers the base sweeps from the AVIA disc. Also, I don't recall folks on this forum (who are far more knowledgable on these topics than I) who have discussed efforts to eliminate frequency nodes mentioning a concern about meters than don't cover the full audible range.

Paul