Well, I got confirmation from Noreen that my axioms were shipped Friday and was surprised to see they were ready for delivery today. I raced home only to find I'd missed DHL. After calling to see when they'd be back at the hub so I could pick them up we discovered a second truck was out to deliver 3 of the boxes.

Sure enough 3 boxes showed up about an hour ago. And sure enough it was the VP150, one of the 60's and a QS8. Of course...

So now I'm sitting here looking at three shiny speakers waiting for a callback to say I can come pick up the last 2 and get rolling. I have to pick up speaker wire as well since I planned to do it on the way home tonight.

Initial impressions (so that this post isn't completely useless ): The high gloss cherry finish axiom was offering for free upgrade is really nice. I don't have a point of reference I guess, but it's definately glossy without being obnoxious. It compliments the glossy cabinet on my new samsung .

For whatever reason when I look at the finish I'm left thinking "retro" which I'm a fan of, but I suppose other more futuristic types might enjoy something a bit more modern.

The VP150 is a monster of a speaker. I'd processed how ever big it says it is with a measuring tape, but seeing it is another thing. It dwarfs my old HTIB onkyo speaker and it's very heavy.

Of course the same could be said for the M60 sitting here. Great box design. Putting the feet on and flipping (and having it come right out) was excellent. The speaker feels a little wobbly on the rubber feet - I've got wood floors which are uneven and I'm sure I'm just paranoid.

The QS8 is a beauty. The design just screams "surround sound" and I have high hopes it lives up to it's rave reviews. It's also heavier and larger than it looks.

My M60's make me listen
My M80's make my ears hear
Either way - I'm not deaf anymore