Last update before I got to bed. I got everything wired up. Then some came loose. After I got everything else wired in and it's now impossible to reach.

The yamaha 2700 doesn't seem to hold wires very tightly. I love how the Axiom speakers feed the wire straight through. I realize they're not trying to wedge as many inputs into as small a spot, but still.

Now I'll have to pull it all (@%9@%*@ out again tomorrow and try again. Or maybe I should get banana plugs?

I tried listening to some audio out of just one speaker and it sounds dreadful. When I took the cover off it seems like everything is just coming through the tweeter as near as I can tell. I'm guessing it's because my inputs were already loose, but it didn't seem like it. I eventually DID disconnect that speaker trying to reconnect one of the surrounds and lost all audio, so maybe it was failing.

The good news is that my HTPC (that had 232 GB of sweet, sweet flac files - my entire music collection - 450 albums) is now correctly kernel streaming. I'm not sure why it's suddenly working, but the DTS audio file I was testing with before and getting static is now playing through 2 speakers (albeit one horribly).

Perhaps the PC or receiver refused to even try before when I had the crummy speakers hooked up

More tomorrow when the others show up and I get the speaker wire reconnected.

Anyone use banana plugs for the receiver end? I generally think direct contact is better with most everything but in this case maybe convenience is worth it?

My M60's make me listen
My M80's make my ears hear
Either way - I'm not deaf anymore