Hey everyone! Just hooked up my wonderful speakers from axiom last night. Fiddled with them a bit, was over-all happy.

This morning, however, as I play with the settings and what not, I've noticed a decisive lack of base from the system. The base kicks in and and you know it is there for the deep stuff, but in the overall playback of a movie...it just seems missing or weak.

I'm probably setting something wrong, but I'm a noob, so who knows. I'm not even sure what info to give you guys to help out.

I got the Epic 60-500 setup, a Yamaha 2600 for receiver. I've got the crossover set to bypass on the 500, set to 80 in the receiver. I've toyed between splitting the base between just the sub and the sub+Left Right fronts. I've also switched between small and large for the left and right fronts.

I dunno if I'm missing something, being paranoid, or what. I've heard that some speakers need to "break in" (whether or not that is true, I haven't the foggiest, these are my first "real" speakers), but I guess I was expecting a little more in the tone range right out of the gate.

Everything else seems great though. I'm hearing things I never would have expected to be there.

Suggestions? Comments?

Thanks in advance!
Mark