I have been a happy owner of Axiom speakers for the last two years. Several of you were very helpful in December 2004/early 2005 in helping me with the Axiom purchase. However, I did not choose to buy a sub at that time due to unexpected budgetary issues. Other personal responsibilities (new dad) took me away from the Axiom audio forum for about two years. But I hope you can help me now with this request as you did two years back. I need your help in choosing a subwoofer. This is my HT setup.

• Denon AVR3805 7.1 receiver
  • Denon DVD 2900 DVD/DVD Audio/SACD universal player
  • Sony 200 disc CD changer
  • Panasonic TH-42PX60U Plasma TV
  • Axiom M80 (front L&R), VP150 (center), 4 QS8 (side, rear ) in Boston Cherry
  • Verizon Fios HD DVR

My media room measures 16' (width) X 18' (length) X 10' (average height) ... about 2800 sq feet. It is sound insulated.

I have listed some potential subs in order of increasing cost (I think).

• HSU VTF-3 MK II that's on sale
  • EP350
  • One or two Outlaw LFM-1 subs
  • One or two Outlaw LFM-1 Plus subs
  • EP500

My preference is for a musical, accurate sub that handles both movies and music well. However, given the size of my room, do I need the EP500? What are your thoughts on the HSU VTF MK3 vs EP350? And finally, will the dual LFM-1 (or LFM-1 plus) subs provide a better experience versus a single EP500?

Given the number of thoughtful (and friendly) posters on this forum, I think your posts would be not only useful to me, but educational as well.

Please let me know! Thanks in advance.

Last edited by edvacdude; 01/28/07 06:40 AM.