You should play around with the distance between them. It does make a big difference (and I’m not a "golden ear" guy either).

Your room will differ, but in my room, setting them about 24” apart gives me the best sound stage, I believe. I tried them up to six feet apart down to touching. When they were touching, I might as well have only had one. Six feet and they would be too close to the mains.

Also, try setting them to Large and see how you like that. I know, not supposed to do that because they are lil’ fellers, but try it anyway. I had my 22’s set to large and preferred it that way. Audyssey likes them as Large too.

Love your brackets. I believe you took John’s design one step further toward improved precision.

Another great LFE scene is in the movie XXX. I just watched this on Blue Ray the other night. The scene where Xander is snowboarding down the slope in front of the avalanche……One of the stupidest scenes I’ve ever watched (after being in an avalanche that I did not outrun), but the LFE is even better than the Tri-pod scene.