I wouldnt say that NAD has had MAJOR reliablity problems. There have been problems with their older version cd players with tracking and playing cd-r's but as far as i know those have since been fixed. i own the C370 and i have had it in service about a year and a half ago because one day when i moved the amp the left channel went really weak and then when i would knock the amp it would come back in. i let it go like that for a couple months i think until it was just too bad to leave so i sent it in, it needed a new volume control and it has worked just fine since. a faulty volume control is just as much as ALPS fault (who makes the pot) as it is NAD. more infact. i do notice some slight static when i change the volume at times but i am told this is because of the motor that is hooked up to the volume. Perhaps, perhaps not. But it doesnt bother me. although i sent my nad in, i still reccomend their products and i would buy them again in the future without doubt. i almost bought a C541i cdp just a few days ago but i havent the money :-(