I think it comes down to a matter of priorities. We've agreed in the past that Axiom's aren't the "end-all, be-all" in speakers, BUT for the money they're pretty hard to beat. At what point does the law of diminishing returns start to apply? Ian HAS done running improvements - the x-over in the M80's, and the port in the EP600 are just 2 examples. If he did MAJOR changes that doubled the price of the speakers, how much better would they actually be? And would they continue to sell at the same volume? (No volume jokes!)

But I really haven't answered your question now have I? I don't think there will ever be a "perfect" speaker. And perfect for one person could be absolute crap for the next.

For me, I've reached my performance/price ceiling. At my current income level, I'm MORE than happy with my speakers. What I really want is a single, standardized, high-resolution, multi-channel audio format, with a single, standardized connection. And I don't want any form of DRM to mess things up. Same for video.

Shawn

Epic 80/600 + M3's + M3 Algonquins + M2 Computer + EP125
I think I'm developing an addiction.