That is exactly what I think... there will be no absolute perfection, and perfection is a personal choice, depending on listening preferences...

From my side, I am also in that price/performance bracket. I dont think my ears are more accurate to expend 10x the price for a 10% (if so) in performance.

As we all agree, its a matter or choice. My father was a musician long, very looong time ago, and even when he have real instruments at home and he knows how they oughta sound, he does not care for speakers that reproduce them faithfully. I just dont get it... his current setup does not do a good job playing his records, but he does not care for my Axioms neither... I just dont understand how a ex-musician (salsa, latin jazz, and similar) do not care for a better sound. I think his ears are not working fine, as I noticed that he likes to increase the treble a little too much. He told me that the M22 needed some treble... can you believe that.

With all the friends I invited to listen to the setup, man, I got to pull my hair off my head... I was talking to a bunch of guys that think that "#brand#" is the bread and butter of speakers. I know that will be tough for me to introduce good speakers to my friends in South America. The common sense here is that more expensive sounds better... We are not used to good speakers south here, and the people that know about sound, usually are those that work with music. I visit some distributors of brands here, and the most I have audition here are some very good electronics and some speakers that reach the crazy price ranges. But very few, very few people know that those brands are sold in Venezuela. It get worst where I work in Ecuador, where I cant even find good electronics for the M3 I just bought.

Any way. I think I just vented some frustration that no one has show interest on my beloved setup. Its sucks, but is the real proof that is a matter of perception, its personal, and takes time to educate ears to it, including mine of course. Is not that I know everything I should about speakers, but I have put a lot of hours reading and listening to every CD I can to reproduce the experiences and examples I read along.

I really hope that with time, while I am working overseas, my parents learn to enjoy the Axioms as I do. I might need to send my father to an audiometry test as well!!!

Sorry for the long post, but I needed to vent with the people that know what I am talking about.

So, to summarize, at this point: MY AXIOMS ARE PERFECT FOR ME !!!!