Well, indeed DHL came through today and managed delivery. However, my worst fear came true: one box had significant damage, resulting in a mashed mid-range...

Now I suppose I'll have to ship the entire speaker back, or can they simply ship a replacement mid-range? Has anyone gone through this? I suppose if I do it it'll void the warranty though. I'm about to find out.

I'd like to give credit to Noreen, who has been extremely helpful, and went above and beyond the call of duty in getting the delivery issue straightened out. She's fantastic!

The reason I needed the speakers is because I'm having a dinner party this weekend and wanted to show off...yes, I'm loaded with ego...but not a bad sort of ego. I'll make do; my brother-in-law is bringing his cheap Polks

Now that I have them, I must say the build quality of the Axioms is excellent in every detail. They're solid, heavy, and the craftsmanship is superb. Really, with the exception of the DHL fiasco and damage, I'm a very happy camper.

As an FYI, Noreen told me in the future I can specify FedEx as a shipper; this is good to know. They don't ship UPS.

OK, off to call Axiom, and thanks to all for the moral support through this, it really helped me cope.

Oh, and thanks for the update on Magnolia. I bought my first stereo system from them over 25 years ago in Seattle...a Yamaha receiver, Yamaha turntable and Advent speakers. Interesting how things change. And yes, they're pricey.

Regards,

Steve

Steve Axiom M60v2, VP100v2, SVS SB12-Plus Yamaha HTR-5990, Oppo DV-981HD Samsung LN-S4692D