First off, I have to admit, I am an Apple fanboy in recent years. But Mr. Jobs, in my eyes is a marketing genius, in the likes of George Lucas. You may not like their methods, but you have to admit, it works. The iPod was not the first MP3 but it sure is the most successful.

ditcin, not sure what happened, but from my experience and dealings w/ Apple, that is an exception to the rule. My situation is different because I live w/ in 5 minutes of 2 separate Apple Stores. Another 20 miles and there's another 2 stores, not including the one on the Apple campus. I have
had to bring my Mac in for various reasons, some of them mine. I like that I can schedule an apt online and show up at the Genius Bar in 15 minutes to get my Mac fixed. I show up w/ no receipt, no power cord, no display etc. If there's a part they can swap out, they do it on site. Try that w/ a Dell, or even at Best Buy or Fry's.

I deal with their products a lot and I understand where they are going w/ their products. The Apple TV is the first real attempt to get into the living room. They are not the first digital media adapter, Netgear, Linksys, Buffalo all beat them to the punch. But once again, content is king and Apple has it w/ iTunes. If you know how to use iTunes, you know how to use this box.

I was at MacWorld and saw the iPhone (GORGEOUS), Aiport Extreme Base Station (have it), and Apple TV. The Apple TV is pretty much a Mac Mini, shaved down. It only connects thru it's iLife-like interface. It'll show your iTunes movies (including ones you've imported into iTunes), songs, trailers on line, etc. It can pull them from your Mac or someone else's, wirelessly or wired. The wireless is the new 802.11n, which has been tested already to about 130 Mbps. The thing to keep in mind that iTunes vids are barely 480p at this point, so PQ can be suspect but much better if you rip your own DVDs. This will surely improve. I have 4 on order and will be happy to post a review after I play with it.

I also now use the new Airport Extreme. It uses multiple antennas so range is much better than before. Because it uses 11n, you can run in the 5GHz so my throughput is much better at that frequency, no 2.5 GHz interference. Also, it supports a USB hard drive, so you can now attach ANY kind of hard drive for read/write access, you're not limited to a FAT/FAT32 to share w/ PCs. You can share an HFS drive w/ a PC transparently. VERY cool.