Quote:

...to go with my M22's and VP100...

Thanks for the response.

So are you recommending the VP100 over the VP150 for a better match with the M22's?

Also, what size is your HT room? Mine is 20' x 11' x 7.5'! I'm running a VSX81 ELITE Pioneer amp @ 110w x 7, or rather x 5 since I only have a 5.1 setup. At -15 (volume) it's very loud but I usually run them @ -25 to -20. I'm looking for speakers that can handle these lower volumes without sacrificing clarity or punch/dynamics. For night viewing I'd prefer even quieter levels while still retaining the dynamics of the sound track...don't want to bother the neighbours...too much This is why I'm looking at the musical ability as well even though I'd only be using them for HT. Personally I find speakers that have an "effortless" quality in their "sound-stage" better suited because the sound doesn't just "fill-in" as your turn the volume up - they are simply louder. I know asking this of a "bookshelf" is demanding a lot but this is why I'm considering the M22's! The reviews say they have this quality that is only bested by much more expensive speakers.

I'm looking at the VP150 for the same reasons, since most of the sound comes from the center in HT! Have you tried running the center only? I do this when auditioning. I then have them add the mains to see how the sound changes. If there is a big difference I eliminate that center from my list. As I said, I'm really looking for a "great" center as my current one isn't up to the task! If I get an Axiom center then "logically" I'd need matching mains. The M22's are preferred so the center must be able to keep up! Since you have the VP100 with the M22's I'd like to hear your experiences with them. I know you like them but do you secretly wish you'd sprung for the VP150 instead?

Again thanks for your reply and I look forward to any comments you'd like to share!