Sid, if you keep waiting for the "holy grail" you will never purchase a TV. The new Holy Grail is now Ultra HDTV which is 7680x 4320 (or 4320P).

More research will show that movie studios film on digital film at a frame rate of 24fps in many cases and there is a whole procedure the processor does called "reverse telecine" that delivers that signal to the output of your TV.

Dont get caught up in the "paralysis by analysis" and take the things you hear from sales clerks with a grain of salt. So many of them told me" 1080P is useless since there is no 1080P source" and that is just wrong.

-Blu-Ray will give you a 1080P source for a 1080P set.
-Many TV's have excellent videoprocessors that will convert a 1080i source to 1080P. Like Samsung 87 series DLP, JVC HDILA, Sony XBR SXRD, Panny Plasma, etc.
-one guy told me there were no issues with DLP, while another said he sold his brother a 44HMX85 and made him get extended warranty because he gets so many back.

If your eyes cant notice that the picture is being delivered by a series of reflective mirrors and a spinning colour wheel with DLP....they will not notice the difference between 24, 30 or 60 FPS.

Do a google search on DLP lamp failures with Toshiba DLP. I almost purchased a 62HMX85 last year and glad I didnt after speaking with a few dealers and seeing the problems.

I was a big DLP fan, but after doing more research decided to go with a technology with less moving parts. I'd seriously look at LCOS or if you want DLP, consider the Samsung as the picture is smoother and seems to have a better track record.

Finally, let your eyes be the judge.