That's funny, the other day I put in my first post asking questions about my Onkyo HTR510(similar to TX-SR501) beeing able to push Paradigm speakers and now I am already about to upgrade my receiver!! This hobby is killing me!! Anyway, hello everyone! Well, I am ready to upgrade my receiver after having this Onkyo for only 40 days. I have experienced a minor problem with it already. when I turn on the unit it shuts back off after about 2 seconds, then i go to turn it back on and it stays on with no other problems, weird huh? Mabe its just a problem with the button or something? Anyway, I am taking it back to circuit City tomorrow and exchanging it for a brand new one in the box. I will leave it in the box unopened and list it on Ebay for sale. I have been researching different receivers for a couple of days. My budget is no more than $500.00 for a receiver. So the onkyo,denon and NAD have been on my mind. I do listen to music sometimes, but not too loud. I like listening to smooth jazz and R&B mostly. The most thing I will be doing with the receiver is watching movies like a madman!!!!:)My Onkyo I currently have is excellent for movies and music as well. Now I know for sure that the Onkyo TX-sr601 is much better than the receiver I currently have, I think. I heard an NAD receiver at a local stereo place and it sounded excellent, but the post here about NAD's kind of pushes me away from them. I know Denon is good but heard that Onkyo's sound better with movies which is what I will be doing most. I am not putting Denon down in anyway, I like Denon alot and many of my friends own them as well as Onkyo. It's just that I already have other Onkyo componets to match my system. Also, I have owned nothing but Onkyo receivers and this is the first one that i have had a problem with. My room is only 10x11 and I dont think I need barrels of power . I am just looking for the cleanest sounding receiver that sounds excellent with movies and music as well for $500.00 or less. What do you guys think of the receivers I listed in the Subject? Thank you in advance.