I agree with most here. If you can do a projection setup, by all means, do it!

I was 100% into getting the new Media Room set up with a projector. My issue is that the room was just too small to get it done. Plus there was the ever escalating cost of construction and my deep paranoia of "screwing up the install". I was going to have to reverse the double doors leading into the room, hire an electrician to put an outlet on the ceiling, pay a premium for running at least 25' of HDMI, Component, DVI, etc cables to the projector, the screen was going to have to completely block out a window, and on and on and on. I came to the realization that, as much as I wanted it, it simply wasn't the right room for a projector.

So, I consoled myself by buying, as my wife puts it, an "embarassingly large" DLP. Brought my neighborhood buddies over, drank beer, and took turns saying, "Yep, that's nice". The cost came out to roughly the same price as buying a nice and highly rated 720p projector with associated accoutrements and construction costs added in. Plus, it got my wife off the "custom cabinetry" kick, bane of all speakers.

So, yeah, I had to trade a 96" for a 73", but with a 11' viewing distance, what's the difference between a "big yoda" and a "really big yoda"? (Boy, that really sounds like I'm trying to convince myself it was a good decision. I guess I'm still in mourning about all that... )

Ken. VaSSallo Series M60v2, VP100v2, QS8v2 SVS SB12-Plus