I just realized that my first post was perhaps the most ambiguous thing I have ever written.

The basement is currently "slightly better than unfinished" in the sense that I had the walls framed, insulated, drywalled and primed during initial construction but nothing else was done. I'm entertaining the idea of moving the HT down to that unfinished basement and using it there *before* before finishing the basement and wondering (a) how stupid an idea that is, and (b) what if anything I can do with essentially zero investment to help control dust in the short term. Thinking about things like "stapling plastic sheeting onto the bottom of the joists"

I'm too tired and too busy to really plan any more construction right now and I know from grim experience that I shouldn't do anything permanent until I feel like I have a good plan.

On the other hand, I *am* now 110% sure that I need to get the HT out of the loft in order to be able to put everything *else* where I want it, which then lets me finish getting all the furniture out of my old house, which in turn lets me fix up and *sell* the old house, which would then free up funds to finish the basement.

I guess a more responsible person would put the HT stuff in boxes until I cleaned out and sold the old house. Geez, what a horrible thought. Then again, putting the HT in storage meets all my requirements, would probably get my old house on the market faster, requires no further investment, no planning.

Also no HT. Yuck.

Mediate on this I will. Thanks for the good ideas.

Last edited by bridgman; 03/10/07 03:43 PM.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8