I forgot you and I have 10 yr old Bose 201's, What a difference to the Axioms! I can't believe I actually thought the 201's sounded good when I bought them! I have become somewhat critical to other speakers if they are not as clear as the M22's. One of my friends recently purchased a full set of JBL's and I was watching a movie at his house and I kept thinking that the sound was quite muffled and lacked the detail I have come accustomed to.

Please give Axiom a call or at least an Email with the pics and see what they say, I know I wouldn't be happy with the blistered one at all, the corner damage I would expect at some point on a speaker if it were to sit on stand, as stands get knocked over once in awhile. The blistering, to me, is not acceptable even with a discounted price.

They say minor imperfections, some not really noticeable, well that blistering is not minor, the corner to me is borderline but acceptable. If I were to buy this from a retail store I would hope for 10% off the speaker with the corner damage but I wouldn't even think about buying the one with a truly bad finish.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70