There seem to be two common explanations for the "equal length speaker wires" idea. The first dates back to vacuum tube amplifiers with output transformers and higher output impedences, where (for some reason) the impedence of the speaker cable made a greater difference than it did today. I never understood that one.

The other reason was to sell more speaker wire. I understand that one

The cheap Home Depot (etc..) speaker wire with the clear insulation has had a few reports of corrosion, but even that seems to be caused by the insulation rather than the copper. My favorite speaker wire is the jacketed stuff sold by Home Depot -- it's cheap, in-wall rated, easy to strip, and looks good on the floor if a bit "industrial".

The Axiom cable is felt to be very high quality, but the quality shows in relatively subtle ways -- the fine strands make the wire bend more easily (which makes hookup and troubleshooting easier), the insulation is tough but strips easily, it looks good etc...

Just make sure you know the reasons for buying better speaker cable and the right choice for you should become more clear. You can't really go wrong, although I tend to stay away from the clear HD 12 gauge just because it's a bit of a pain to work with and won't lie flat.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8