I love these speaker wire threads…..too funny. They are great entertainment on a rainy day with nothing better to do.

I have no opinion one way or the other about sound degradation other than I can’t tell a difference. I’ve got Mono-price, Blue Jeans, Home Depot and Axiom speaker wire. They all work just fine without any difference in SQ as far as I can tell. I was leery about Mono-price as cheap as they are, but their stuff sure looks and feels like it’s very well made. I’ve got some of their HDMI cables that blew me away with how well made they appear (to me).

I did have a comment in regards to your surround speaker locations though. I’m assuming that you have a 5.1 set up?? If so, have you considered moving the Q’s to the side walls? I think you may like them better if you move them just slightly further back from perpendicular to your main seating area, and about six feet from the floor. If you have a 7.1 set up and the Q’s in the picture are the backs, I think you will like them positioned a little closer together. About six feet apart. I’m not certain, but I believe the sound will be more uniform from them if you were to move them both over the arch verses one over and one on the wall. I think that having one over the arch and one not, may make them sound a bit different seeing how one will not have a reflective surface. I say this only because I had a similar situation and could tell a difference. I ended up moving one of my SrB speakers.

For toe in on your mains, a friend that frequents this place once told me the best way to set that up is to aim them at an imaginary point about five feet directly behind the main listening position and make sure that the drivers are not equal distance from the side and rear wall. I’ve had good luck with that advice.