A year ago when i was looking at putting together our HT and stereo components, i was searching for that always elusive great deal. A good, solid speaker, quality but not made by the hand of the almighty nor priced as high. There were several brands competing for our hard earned cash but it came down to two, Axiom and Angstrom.

Of course Axiom won out (see my old post here), otherwise i would most likely be posting on another forum, however the Angstrom name had recently come to my attention again. Out of curiousity, i went back to the Angstrom. website to look around and they have done a ton of updating since i was last there. A friend of a friend has some of the Obliggato floorstanding loudspeakers in his shop and apparently they are quite a lovely item.
I'm interested in taking the chance at hearing some Angstrom speakers again tempting myself to see whether i really did make the better choice over a year ago. Certainly i'm happy with the Axioms but the brain continues its own debate as to whether you have ever made the right choice for one's components.
So i perused for some reviews of the Angstroms while i pondered the idea. Unfortunately Angstrom is not a particularly well known name. In fact, most ppl i've come across have not heard about them at all. I won't get into their long and ever changing history since the point of this post was to simply bring to light yet another inexpensive, but otherwise quality speaker.
Here is a link to the Inner Ear report on the Obliggatos. I pretty much ignored the usual flowery, double speak but the most interesting section is found in the "Technology" paragraph. After reading that, go back to the top of the review and remind yourself that the listed price is in Canadian dollars!

If anyone ever gets the chance to get ahold of some of the Angstrom speakers for review, be sure to post any thoughts.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."