Quote:

Quote:

My personal observation is that if more than one local station plays it,(read top 40), or did within the last 5 years, it's garbage from a SQ. standpoint. Hows that for a pissy attitude.

This is exactly what I've been struggling with and have thus developed a similar attitude. I've not been a huge fan of classical, jazz, or opera in the past. I like to listen to it in small quantities, perhaps I should give those genres some focus. Who knows, with superior SQ, I may decide I like them over everything else.

Thanks to all who chimed in to assist. I see I've got my work cut out for me. I've got a soft spot for Opera. I think its because my Dad took me to the Opera every week during the summers I spent with him. I wish I would have paid more attention. To date, its the only form of music that's ever brought a tear to my eye.

So I think I'll start there, but I'm hopelessly out of date. Any suggestions on recently recorded Opera? Preferably tenor and with a wide range of styles, classic to more modern and up-beat.

Hi all, In general I agree with this statement but there are of course alot of exceptions, a few that come to mind are Michael Buble, sounds awesome and of course NJ and Dianna Crall to name a few. Not on the radio around here at least is Poncho Sanchez who owns his own recording company and all his stuff(latin jazz with a salsa/mombo flavour) sounds simply amazing, I just bought 3 of his Cd's after a "trial" period of listening on the 80's...wonderfull stuff that makes my heart sing

Emotiva DMC1, MPS-1 ,M80v2 ,Klipsch RC64,Mirage Omni260 surrounds,Paradigm PW2200 sub