Jeesh...
You guys are tough! OK, pick on me all you want, but remember I did this for our lovely hostess Amie!

Regarding the possibility of just adding some "ears" or something, remember that those ears need to be designed strong enough to support the weight of the amp from those two front points.... meaning the entire case design is a factor.

Duckman, I have absolutely no more knowledge of this amp than anyone else here. For all I know, rack mounting HAS already been incorporated in the basic case design, and Amie is just looking for some informal information as to what percentage might go that route. As I said, I don't know.

My personal opinion, and the reason I asked about rack mounting in the other threads, is that a rack mounting might open Axiom up to a bigger market. With more "whole house installs" being done, a powerful, flexible, eight-channel amp offers more to an installer than a typical 5 or 7 channel amp.... and an installer might prefer rackmount. My gut feeling (no inside knowledge, remember??) is that the "whole house install" is the reason why this amp has an even-numbered of channels. Certainly it's been considered as a use.

Also, as someone who uses both shelf-mounted components in my HT and rack mounted professional audio equipment in my business, I know that the amp could find it's way into some professional uses as well, where rackmounting is a virtual MUST.

Don't misunderstand me, though... if I could afford the amp tomorrow I would choose a "non rackmount" for my uses. I was just thinking it would add to the potential market if the option were available so I was curious enough to ask...

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::