Quote:

My personal opinion, and the reason I asked about rack mounting in the other threads, is that a rack mounting might open Axiom up to a bigger market. With more "whole house installs" being done, a powerful, flexible, eight-channel amp offers more to an installer than a typical 5 or 7 channel amp.... and an installer might prefer rackmount. My gut feeling (no inside knowledge, remember??) is that the "whole house install" is the reason why this amp has an even-numbered of channels. Certainly it's been considered as a use.

Generally when we build a rack at work for a client half of the components are not rack mountable anyway so we just end up using a shelf. Like what has been mentioned however, Im not sure how much this thing is going to weigh so its possible that rack mounting is not even an option for a heavy peice of equipment like that unless it had a large enough faceplate to spread the load out. This one seems rather small.

And also for integration use we would generally see some type of control, RS232, IR, whatever, so im guessing that this has not really been designed for a integration market.Most of the whole house audio type of amps on the market are only rated at 30-50 wpc so this one definetly would be a bit overkill

Last edited by Haoleb; 04/10/07 04:33 PM.