I have been doing a ridiculous amount of research this past couple of months and have found my self zeroing in Axiom speakers. I am looking for some speakers that are great for music and to impress the friends. I'm not so much into home theatre as much as I really want my music to sound clean, powerful and pristine. I love that feeling of just getting taken away with the music with a few beers on the couch... awww, I'm going to miss college. I listen to alot of classic rock(Pink floyd, beatles, steely dan, etc). I actually have a pretty large vinyl collection and enjoy those as well as digital music(there really is something to that whole analog is better cult. There's just something about putting down that needle.) I want to eventually build this into a surround theatre, but for now just want great stereo speakers. I'm just getting out of college and have bought a house(1800 sq ft). The living room in the house is somewhat connected the kitchen and is pretty open but not that big. It's about 18x12 with hardwood floors and a few big glass windows. Its not really ideal for a home theatre and will require alot of planning of furniture placement. I don't have unlimited money and really am trying to get the best bang for the buck as I need to save for other things.
1)Are the M80's going to be too much for this room and will they be too hard to tame in less than ideal conditions? I have seen other people in these posts say that m60's are easier to work with.
2)I am also considering the Harmon Kardon AVR645 as i like its features. I have read in other posts that this will work fine with M80's. My question is how loud will they go with these? If I went for seperates would there be an audible difference and improvement?

Me playing Hendrix with my teeth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYaBBemvA7U