Hi Ken,
I am a physician, not a tire salesman, and have been on-call since Friday 7am so I may be babbling nonsense at the moment. I just wanted to comment on the two tire sizes: the car's (185/65HR15) and the ones mentioned as appropriate (190/60HR15). You were told that "the circumference was the same in the end." These two tires are actually quite different in circumference. The first number is the section width in mm from outer to inner sidewall, the second number is the percent of that width (sidewall aspect ratio) that equals the sidewall height, and the last number is the rim width in inches. As you can see, both tires have quite similar section widths (185 vs 190) and rim size is equal (15). However, sidewall height in one tire is 114mm (60% of 190) whereas the other is 120.25mm (65% of 185). If you use the tire that he recommends, your speedometer will show falsely elevated speeds and you will rack up more miles on your odometer than actually traveled. If you are not compulsive and do not care about your actual speed or odometer, then you need not worry. However, we tend to be a compulsive and exacting bunch in the Axiom community and you should at least know the facts before deciding. Best of luck with the car and most importantly, with your kid!
John

John
Our HT