Sorry I hadnt responded earlier. Didnt have time to type up a post this morning before work and its been a longer day than usual.

Quote:

Brandon, with your Odyssey's can you give me an idea of the levels you can achieve with your 80's. I'm not sure how big your room is, or how loud you have turned them up. As you know my issues with the Emotiva shutting down at 100dB's from 12ft away, and the Emotiva is rated to have more power than the Odyssey?

Of course, Emotiva says my RS meter is not a reliable tool for SPL, and is good only for basic setup/calibration.

My room is about 4,700 cubic feet. I did a short volume test this morning using my RS analog SPL meter playing some tracks on Santana's "Supernatural" cd. I can easilt get 105db average on the slow response from 10-12' away. I didnt turn it up even louder because i simply didnt really want to loose my hearing quite that early in the morning. Im confident I could play at those levels all day. Not that I would ever want to mind you. Like i had said in your other emotiva post I was getting 30v peaks on music and that was LOUD. Not to mention i could feel puffs of air coming out of the ports from 2 feet away As im sure Klaus has told you he believes more in current than watts.

Quote:

Haloeb, thats some real nice looking setup you have, would love to have a listen to that gear, very nice job!!

Chris

Thank you!

Quote:

Hey Brandon, you got your ears on? Did you go with the basic Khartaga mono package as shown on the Singapore or Breat Britain websites? How long ago did you get yours?

What Ive got isint really the basic Khartago. Mine have the cap upgrade which brings them to 120,000 each. For a total of 240,000uf. Its also got the groenberg internal wiring and i believe some upgraded resistors or capacitors on the board itself. I got mine last october. To be honest with you im not 100% sure what exactly they have. Klaus just said what I was getting would be good so i trust him! He delivered! Mine do however have the older green circuit boards in them. Yours will have the newer red boards which I believe are slightly better. Klaus's products really deliver an outstanding price-performance ratio. All the transistors are hand matched. Each amp is biased for your system and input voltage. And heck even the cool custom nameplate on the back.