Quote:

Quote:

So, In my wondering I began reading up on stand alone CD players. Of course forums are forums where most people say you can't hear the difference with a blind a/b comparison, and I now know that they have NEVER heard a "good" CD player.

I was going to berate this incredibly ignorant post and its generalization about the rest of "everyone else out there" let alone the complete lack of any attempt at objectivity before pronouncing on the rest of the world.

However Saturn posted a cute picture and Peter made a funny and now i'm just laughing (20% at the joke, 40% at the cute kid and 40% at the ridiculous content of this thread).
Glad to see you back Saturn. I have yet to drop in on you in TO. I haven't been there in awhile.

Holy Crap! I post my thoughts and opinions on what I have read on various forums and my initial impressions on using a CD player versus a universal DVD player. I go on the road for four days and come back to see all these anal remarks and negativity, disgusted is the lite version of how I feel. This hobby along with music is my passion and for many others as here as well, I don't claim to be an expert in audio but get great fun and enjoyment from my gear and music combined and enjoyed reading others experiences and learning(sometimes) from others so it was natural for me to want to share my enthusiasim and opinions as well.

All forums dealing with CD player issues have the same negative nellies slamming anyone who claims to have heard a difference between the two, the same goes for the "all amps and pre/pros sound the same" crowd, if you look, its everywhere and for that matter it took about two whole seconds for JohnS to state that "its all fantasy" or some such ridiculous remark and you call me ignorant!!

You nasty vindictive folks need to get a life and let people who enjoy this hobby do so without your calous remarks, if thats how you behave in person, I'm not surprised you have to resort to forums to unleash your venom filled comments.

Get a life!

Emotiva DMC1, MPS-1 ,M80v2 ,Klipsch RC64,Mirage Omni260 surrounds,Paradigm PW2200 sub