As leader of the "M50 Crew" I thought I would reply. I realy like my M50's. I have not heard the M60's and was not considering them for budget reasons. I did however listen to both Paradigm and Def Tech models in the same price range as the M50's. I am one of those people who do not like bright or forward sounding speakers/equipment and the M50's are not bright/harsh/forward ,or what ever you want to call it, with music. There are times (not many) with movies that they do sound bright but alot of movie soundtracks are recorded this way. Also I'm not so sure I would label the M50's a "laid back" speaker but I can see why people would describe them that way when comparing them to the 60's. I am very happy with the M50's they do a great job at filling the large room I have. I would also suggest them for Movie first system. The M50's are on sale in the factory outle right now and that would make them a real bargin, and don't forget you'll be able to join the "M50 Crew" and roll hard with me and the other 4 guys on earth that own them. For the rest of your system I would recomend the VP150 and QS8's. I bought the 100 but ended up sending it back for the 150. The differance was not night and day, actually only 2db differance in my room, but the 150 fills the room better, besides you don't want to be sitting there three months down the road wondering if your system would have sounded better if you had bought the 150. All most every one on this board will recomend the VP150. I also recommend getting the QS8's, get the 4 if your room is smaller. The QS speakers throw out a wide sound stage and I liked this effect better than the direct radiating surrounds I had prior to getting the QS8's. Good luck.