Cool! The problem you are having is because you are starting with a very crisp, very detailed original. When you shrink that down, the program you are using doesn't blur the image, but rather tried to maintain the high level of detail at such a small size, and you end up with jaggies and what will appear as pixelation. Just the nature of the process.

Oh wait, you are letting the Axiom forums shrink your image. That is the problem. You should shrink it prior to putting it in your profile. Plus, the forums resize the width incorrectly (to force it to 72 x 72 pixels) and thus it gives Scrat a few extra pounds by making him wider. Here is one that is already shrunk... Just right click, so a Save Picture As (assuming you are using a PC) and save the file. Then upload it to your profile (only if you like it of course).

And here is a side by side comparison....

Again, if you don't like the revised one, it won't hurt my feelings. I just think that I know what you are talking about as I have run into it in the past, and this is what I've come up with. Again, I like the original. Scrat is just funny!