In my HT upgrade research and planning, I've been looking closely at most of the receiver products on the market (Onkyo, Yamaha, Sony, Denon, Pioneer, Marantz, Sherwood, etc.) In my quest, I came across the Emotiva pre\power amp systems that seem to offer a great value in separates. Most impressive are their high current, low impedance, low distortion and wide bandwidth power amps and their flexible and well thought-out pre amp controls!

In particular, their entry level "Ultra Theater Series" is in the budget I was seeking (<$1000) and seem to posses the features I need to push the Axiom Epic 80 HT 5.2 setup, along with provisions for powered 2nd room speakers (outside patio)!

http://emotiva.com/products.html

Since I'm custom building my display-equipment-media HT center, size in not an issue!

I've read little about this new electronic company as they have only 4 years in the mainstream El. market. Does any one here have any experience with their systems, especially in their powering of Axiom HT speaker systems? Their business philosophy\customer service dedication seems to parallel Axiom's...And they speak very highly of the Axiom Speaker line. That got my attention!!!

Thanks for any suggestions and help!

Ted

(p.s. Have an EP500...may add another and set the M80's on top of each 500, projecting a 16' triangle to the main listening position...would this also work well?)

Samsung 67" DLP 1080P * 2-Axiom EP500 PSW's * Emotiva UT Series Amps * Acoutimass 15's 5.1 = WOW!