Quote:

Yamaha V661 ($500 shipped)

Same as the 604 but has pre-outs.
No video processing.
Will accept up to 7.1 PCM audio from HDMI
Will matrix 5.1 PCM into 7.1.
Will pass 1080P

I think I'm going for the Yamaha.

I wish the higher end Onkyo's/Yamaha's and receivers alike would forgo adding video processing.

I'm probably in the minority with my way of thinking, but it is of my opinion that the video processing found in these receivers simply do not measure up in comparison to an outboard external video processor. Again, my opinion.

Now in all fairness, I can see where/why a lot of people welcome having video processing in their receivers, as most people either do not, don't want, or can't afford to purchase an external video processor. I understand that, I just wish they'd offer a high end model that didn't have it.

Mike and I both have the DVDO VP50 video processor, therefore we don't need video processing in our receivers, yet if we don't want it, we're almost forced in a way to purchase lower end receivers, for it seems as if it's only the lower end models that doesn't offer video processing. Because of this, I'm strongly considering some of the new McIntosh models. If not, I may stick with Onkyo 805 and just work around the issue.