I'm considering getting a projector and setting up a dedicated room in my basement. I currently own two m22's ,one vp150, two qs8's and an outlaw lfm-1 for my 5.1 system. I'm considering purchasing the Sanyo PLV-Z5 or the Panasonic PT-AX100U as my projector. I am slightly leaning towards the Panasonic. I was also getting an anamorphic lens, but the cheapest I could find was around $2000. This is more money than the projector and puts me out of my budget.

The problem that I am not able to figure out is how can I get the largest possible screen to fit in my room. The front wall is about 10ft wide. So I could fit about a 130 inch 16:9 screen (which would take up the entire width of the wall) on the front wall. However, this would require an acoustically transparent screen so that I could place my front's and center channel without obstructing me viewing the screen.

First question: Does anyone know if it is possible to make a diy acoustically transparent screen from $200 to $500 that would perform well in both audio and video? I was pricing a Draper screen like this for around $1300. This is nearly the price of the projector!

If I cannot afford a acoustically transparent screen then I should probably set up the speakers so that they perform the best in my room before I decide on what size screen to get. Then whatever the distance left between the left and right front's is the size of screen that I can get. However, if I push the left and right's into the front corners then I could still get a very large screen. Maybe I could fit a 100 inch or 110 inch screen in that case.

Second question: Has anyone had good results putting the m22's in the front corners (or nearly in the corners)? I was thinking that since they are just bookshelves that don't produce much bass below 60 to 70 Hz and I will cross them over at 80 Hz anyway, that it may be okay.

third question: Can anyone suggest a link to making a diy screen (not acoustically transparent)? This is if I decide to go with the second option.

thanks in advance for any replies, Nick