Ok everyone, we finally got around to lugging the TV back to American Electronics where we purchased it a few years back. After spending $38 to have them look at it, which can go towards the repair cost, the repair guy said the High Voltage Transformer shorted out causing other multiple items on that circuit to fail as well. The cost including labor/tax will be $289 - our $38 bucks.

Do you guys think this sounds like their giving me a line of crap? I suppose we will go ahead with it since the tv cost about $1500 3 years ago and is HDTV Ready.

The second question I have is in regards to something I noticed after we dropped off the tv. When I unplugged the component cables that I had hooked up to the back of the Toshiba tv, I managed to pull out these little clip ends that were on the tv component terminals. I don't know what you call them, but they are just the outer cover of where you plug your cables into. They have some little clip ends that extend into the television and must be to keep them in tact. The problem is these dang monster component cables were so hard to push on anyway that when I pulled them off, these clips pulled out as well.

What do I do now? It looks like I can stick them back in the tv, but not sure if I'll have any quality issues with the picture now. I don't know if I should be mad at Toshiba, or monster for making there dang cable end tolerences to tight to fit on other equipment.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85