To start, I have their LPA-1 amp and I love it. No problems driving bi-amped M80's, a VP150, and a pair of M22 surrounds. It's great. Whether it's because my Pioneer Elite AVR can't handle 4-ohm speakers, or because a dedicated amp really does makes a difference, my M80's most certainly sound better (more punch to the bass, much smoother highs, much cleaner at higher volumes) when powered by the LPA. I wouldn't go back to just the AVR powering my system.

Their LMC-1 prepro has some problems, even with the recent software update. It does what it says it will do, but has some (IMHO) fairly serious software quirks that limit the true functionality. From my personal experience, these quirks primarily revolve around decoding Dolby Digital or DTS sources. Their other preprocessors are supposedly quirk-free and sound great.

Sirquack had a some pretty serious shutodwn problems with his MPS-1 driving M80's. There are a few others around here that report no problems at all. He might chime in here, or you can do a search for MPS-1.

In my experience, Emotiva's customer support is easy to reach and pleasant enough to talk to. All of their staff, but especially Lonnie, seem genuinely concerned about their customers' problems and complaints. They talk a good game. But I've yet to see any real results from these concerns.

So my honest advice would be to definitely take a look at their gear. Order it. Put it through its paces and make sure it works exactly the way you expect. If it does, congrats. If it doesn't, don't hesitate to return it under their 30-day return policy. They are very good about that.

Last edited by PeterChenoweth; 06/06/07 08:53 PM.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office