Quote:

Here's a good read on the subject of the HD format war from The Digital Bits.

The Digital Bits

Thanks for the link Daniel.

Problem is The Digital Bits, and Bill Hunt, have such a one sided slant on some things, you would think that he worked for CNN or FoxNews (depending on your political position).

Heck, even that link is to a section that they call "The Soapbox."
This is all turning into some stupid battle over something of, really, little importance in the big scheme of life. You go to the Blu-Ray sites, and they say that Bill Hunt is a genius, and he "laid down the law." Go to a HD-DVD site, and people are stating other "facts" that go against with Bill Hunt said, and quoting times when Bill "Blu-Ray" Hunt (as they call him) has changed his very definitive answer on different technologies over the years and they compared him to a "flip-flipping" presidential candidate of recent years.

To me, I don't give a rat's butt either way. I have better things to spend my hard earned cabbage on, even if this HD-DVD player is only $200. I don't care. So buy your blu-rays and your hd-dvds, and enjoy them instead of bickering over which one is better, or which one will "win"... By the time there is a "winner", 2nd and 3rd generation combo units will be out that will play both and then it won't matter which one you get. Let's all just move along before this gets heated. I know that Axiom hasn't had a thread in a little while that got volatile, but we don't need one now.

Farewell - June 4, 2020