Quote:

I decided to take the pludge and order the EP500 subwoofer. I think I made the correct choice for my 16 by 16 feet room. So which cable is best to connect the EP500 to my Rotel 1068 prepro. Should I use regular rca such as bettercables, blue jeans, or should I use balanced cable? Also I see the amp has alot of options and buttons/controls.....hopefully I'll get it going because I had an old Infinity sub which only had volume knob and xover only. Wooo hooo! I'm excited! Can't wait to show you guys pics also!

Congrats, Eric...You are going to LOVE this sub! I have mine covering a 7K cf Great Room with an 11' cathedral ceiling. The EP500 goes Very Deep with authority and tight control at realistic (110db @ listening chair) theater levels, never straining or giving up! SHMBO complained the other night when the depth charges in U-571 were creating ripples in the waterbed...at the back of the House (yes, slab home)!!!

I'm using a quality Acoustic Research Sub RCA cable...works well, but any quality cable (Axioms or even Monoprice, etc..) should work great! Not sure about balanced vs unbalanced?

Hope this helps!
Ted

Here's a pic of the EP500 in my HT setup:

Samsung 67" DLP 1080P * 2-Axiom EP500 PSW's * Emotiva UT Series Amps * Acoutimass 15's 5.1 = WOW!