I'm keeping myself in suspense, too. I really haven't played around with positioning much, or on trim and phase settings. I just set them to half and 0, and it's sitting on the side of the couch, along the wall that doesn't have an opening. I calibrated it to the same SPL as my speakers, and I've bumped it up in the receiver a few times just to see how much I could feel it. Then I set it back down. It's certainly different than subs I've used in the past (all wimpy). I was watching a couple of concert DVDs today, and I never knew they had that much low end. It was nice.

But yeah, the replacement amplifier was a little different than the one I shipped back. It actually looked like the illustration on the site. I also have it hooked into a Panamax power conditioner, though I don't know why that would be necessary. It was just lying around, so I put it to use.

I will try playing with positioning when I have some friends over. One of my coworkers offered her sons' help (they're college age), and I think that's probably wise. I'll try out the sub crawl and have them help me move it around to try out any promising locations.

Overall, I'm happy with the performance. I'd like to experiment with bass traps, but not in the current room. I'm not sure I fully understand the concept of bass traps, either. I'll have to read more. People say the low bass likes to hang out in the corners, but then they put bass traps there, which sounds kind of like putting flypaper around a turd.