Quote:

If I recall correctly, You're the one who said turn it up - more than once! lol To be honest, my ears were ringing when we were done, as it was louder than I listen to as well

Scott,

No reason for apologies or excuses, your HT system is a top notch setup that I, or anyone, would be extremely happy to have!! You are right! I Did ask for more volume, several times!!! In my setup, I'm using a +3db on the center channel to bring up the dialoge, thus in effect creating a pseudo compression of the loud passages and peak dynamics! Not being use to the Epic 80 setup and the dynamic power of the Emo separates, guess I was looking for a more present center fill, not realizing the full potential the system had during loud dynamic passages!! Happy to hear you don't normally listen at those levels...truthfully, my ears were ringing a little bit too, hehe! Some of my "perceived brightness" certainly is attributable to just "too loud"....my fault!

Quote:

My EP500 is set at FLAT and I have not played with it too much.

My "perceived mid-bass" softness may have been just a listening position characteristic, or my ear being accustomed to what I hear in my current, very inferior setup! If not, a "half" or even "full" trim setting with a drop of say "30 minutes" on the output could bring your corner loaded EP500 into a more linear room balance!?

As far as the nasalness of midrange frequencies, that may be related to my past reference to large, concave, wide dispersion, soft dome drivers vs cone drivers...not sure!?

No two room environments sound the same...mine could sound better with the M80's, or worse! Actually, I have a much brighter acoustical HT room with more reverb and echo (hardwood floors-large sheeted walls-square room)...maybe the M60's might be a better choice!

Ted

Samsung 67" DLP 1080P * 2-Axiom EP500 PSW's * Emotiva UT Series Amps * Acoutimass 15's 5.1 = WOW!