I have a couple of Axiom made 6.5" center channel speakers.

This is a picture of a modified Merak MC634 which was made by Axiom. This MC634 is interesting in that I swapped out the original 6.5" carbon fiber type drivers and replaced them with aluminum Axiom 6.5s from the M3/M40/M50/M60/M80 etc. Although I thought the original Axiom 3/4" titanium tweeter was excellent (previously used in the Mzeros and M2Tis as well as Meraks) I persuaded the cabinet to accept a tweeter from a Reference 3a de capo mm speaker. Like the M3s, these center channel speakers allow the 6.5's to run free. I modified the cross-over for the tweeter to about 2200Hz. I love this speaker.

I also operated on an Axiom made MC6H center speaker.

This center channel illegitimate step cousin to an Axiom one is based on the Merak MC6H which used a horn tweeter and a pair of carbon fiber like 6.5s. So, I swapped out the Merak 6.5s with a pair of Axioms, modified the cross-over and, although I do not mean to sound immodest, I love this speaker also.

The Merak cabinet uses an anti-standing wave shape and is well made. I've compared these to the VP100 (have not had the chance to compare them to the VP150) and IMO, the modified Axiom made 6.5s sound better for dialogue, music, and blowing things up than their smaller though legitimate step cousins.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.