The Anthem D2 retails for a tad under $7000. If you call and order one today, you are put on an order list and will be lucky to get one within 8 weeks. - They are that busy trying to fill orders because they have a market nitch and there is a large group willing to pay their price (not everyone buys from the factory outlet or thinks vinyl is OK). I personally think the D2 is grossly overpriced for what you get. I believe that Axiom can deliver a better product with MORE features than the D2 at a significantly lower price.

A smart business model with have a pre/pro with the video processor, and one without. Again, similar to Anthem where they have the D2, the AMV50 and the AMV 40. The 40 does not come with a video processor, but it’s still $3000.

The new Integra 9.8 Pre/Pro will set the stage for new main stream budget processors, I believe. Just look at its features and it’s retailing for $1600. But unfortunately, the 9.8 has severely limited functionality of the Reon processor. Axiom should be able to land somewhere between the 9.8 and the D2.