Based on my personal experience with the Onkyo TX-SR805, I do not recommend using it paired with M80's. I can't speak for the 875 or the 905, but I wouldn't expect stellar results in comparison. I ended up taking the 805 back, and when I was at Circuit City saw two other 805's on the floor that had been returned as well. I'm not sure of the reasons behind those returns, but that IMO didn't bode well given the length of time the receiver has been on the market combined with what I believe were pretty small quantities of initial shipments. For instance, the CC I purchased mine from received only three 805's initially, one of which was the one I purchased.

I'm not sure if you're set on HDMI 1.3, but if not, then I feel Rotel is worth looking at. I bought an RSX-1057 for my girlfriend with the intention of setting it up with some B&W bookshelf speakers. Her new place isn't done yet so I've been running my M80 5.1 home theater with the Rotel receiver. It's been handling the M80's with aplomb.

Last edited by haylo75; 08/21/07 10:38 PM.

A: Epic 80 * 600 / Integra DTC-9.8 / A1400-8
V: Samsung HL-S6187W / Tosh HD-XA2 / PS3 / Oppo 970HD